Franklin Township Volunteer Fire Department
808 Old Zelienople Road
Ellwood City, PA 16117
After a fire had destroyed the home of Lawrence McAllister in Frisco, Arthur Milnes and M.J. Norton of the Citizens League in Franklin Township called a meeting on February 25, 1935, to organize a fire department.
The meeting was held in the North Star School with Milnes as Chairman. Paul Thornhill was elected President and M.J. Norton, Chief of the new organization. The Charter for the Franklin Township Volunteer Fire Department was received March 3, 1935.
The first fire truck was delivered May 30, 1936, and the first building was a 50′ x 25′ frame structure on the site of the present building. The first meeting was held on June 12,1936 in the building.
VFD Board President
VFD Board Vice President
VFD Board Treasurer
VFD Board Secretary
House Committee Chairman